Sunday, June 20, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANI!!!

She was entranced by her candle :)


With Aunt Bonita and Aunt Krischelle










Ani turned 1 on Wednesday but we didn't get a chance to celebrate so we had a little party for her today. Bonita brought all kinds of things from Port so we were able to make lasagna, garlic bread, and SALAD!!! (Anyone who has been to the Plateau knows how rare it is to eat anything like that.) We also had cake with one candle in it :)

Thanks Aunt Mary for the Birthday dress :)

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOOOO Cute! Wow, Judy and Manis; New York just doesn't know what it missed, does it? I love the one with her peeking around the pole! :) I wanted to also say how pleased I was to hear that it rained out there on Wednesday; thank you , Jesus! I was reading Psalm 65 today, and it reminded me of you all when it says "You take care of the earth and water it, making it rich and fertile. The rivers of God will not run dry; they provide a bountiful harvest of grain, for you have ordered it so. You drenched the plowed ground with rain, melting the clods and leveling the ridges. You soften the earth with showers and bless its abundant crops. You crown the year with a bountiful harvest; even the hard pathways overflow with abundance. The wilderness becomes a lush pasture, and the hillsides blossom with joy. The meadows are clothed with flocks of sheep, and the valleys are carpeted with grain. They all shout and sing for joy!" [verses 9-13] I know that doesn't sound much like the Haiti I saw, but God IS ABLE, right?
    Just thought I'd share my musings with you all! Thanks for the precious pics! And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANI! [I tried to send you an E-card, but I'm not sure it went through. :(] Kathy Smith

    ReplyDelete